Low Notes for Clarinet and Bass Clarinet
1. Objective 1- Students will annotate note names and fingerings in Noteflight.
2. Objective 2- Students will be able to record a one octave major Scale, one octave minor scale, and the excerpt from the concert music.
3. Objective 3- Students will self-evaluate their recording.
Recorder Karate: White Belt Mastery and Composition Unit
Students will be able to:
1. perform their White Belt Song on the recorder and record it for mastery.
2. compose a piece of music using the notes BAG and rhythms of quarter, half, and whole notes or rests.
Guitar Chords — Strumming
The objective of this lesson is to critically listen to a piece of music, analyze the chord progression, input it into Noteflight, and practice the chords in the song to record into Noteflight.
Balinese Baris Dance: Compose your own Gamelan!
Students will be able to perform, from memory, parts of the Balinese Baris Dance, discerning the differences in instruments from another foreign culture. Students will then be able to input notation on Noteflight Learn, save, and share their work. Lastly, students will compose their own 2-measure Gamelan piece inspired by the Baris Dance.
Ding Dong, Diggy Diggy Dong
Review the melody of “Ding Dong, Diggy Diggy Dong” through singing or playing on barred instruments. Correct the mistakes (red notes) in the melody by moving the notes up or down on the staff.
Trumpet C Octave Jumps
This is a trumpet octave jump exercise. It starts on a low C and goes to a middle C. The rhythm also gets shorter to encourage players to jump octaves quicker.
Note Name Practice, Beginning Strings
Beginning Strings students will work on writing note names under each note and figuring out the names of some familiar folk songs.
Students begin by filling in note names, students can work alone or in small groups.
Once finished with note names, students can practice playing the songs to see if they recognize the songs.
This lesson is perfect right after students have learned the notes in their D Major scale.
This lesson reinforces the notes on the D and A string (G string for basses) and teaches students some beginner folk songs.
Answers to Worksheet
1. Mary Had a Little Lamb or Rolling Along
2. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
3. Hot Cross Buns
4. Jingle Bells
5. Old MacDonald