We are so excited to offer SoundCheck™, powered by MatchMySound™, in Noteflight Learn! This proven solution for performance assessment is available for use with any Noteflight Learn score, and provides ratings and feedback for pitch, rhythm, and intonation – which can be used for assessment. We have already made many updates and are excited to announce more great features coming soon!
With SoundCheck, all Noteflight scores can be converted to SoundCheck scores with just the click of a button. All current Noteflight Learn integrations with Google Classroom and LTI tools such as Canvas, Schoology, Moodle, etc, are supported for creating and turning in SoundCheck assignments, including automatically adding the SoundCheck rating to your LMS grade book (coming soon).
New Features Coming Soon
We are working on several new features to be made available ASAP. In the coming weeks, here is what you will see:
- The SoundCheck assessment rating will be automatically added to grade book of your own LMS, including Google Classroom, Canvas, Schoology, Powerschool, Brightspace, Blackboard, Moodle, and more. Students just need to complete their assignment and use the same “Turn In” button already available in Noteflight Learn.
- All Content Library scores will include a SoundCheck version that can be used right away. You can always edit a Content Library score and create your own SoundCheck version as well.
- Essential Elements band and strings methods are being added and will be available to anyone with an EE Book code.
- Additional content for Band and Choral libraries is being added.
- SoundCheck will be made available as an add on to Noteflight Premium subscriptions.
- Purchases in Noteflight Marketplace will become available to be assigned to individual users, further expanding the availability of published content that can be used with Noteflight and SoundCheck.
- Percussion parts will include a record-only option.
- iOS functionality. SoundCheck currently does not work in the browser on iOS.
- Several other features we cannot announce yet 😉
Recently Updated Features
We have already made several improvements, including:
- SoundCheck note feedback now displays in the same key as a transposing instrument.
- SoundCheck scores are now created from only the parts in view in the Noteflight score, making it easy to create SoundCheck score versions without needing to delete parts in the Noteflight score.
- Accounts that purchase SoundCheck and/or Content Libraries for all users now include automatic access. For accounts that need to assign SoundCheck or Content Libraries to specific users, the “Manage Add ons” section is simplified for quick access.
- The sharing options are now streamlined and easier for both Noteflight and SoundCheck scores. For assignments, simply select “Activity Template” right away.
- SoundCheck only works with through-composed scores, so, creating a SoundCheck score will automatically unrolls repeats from the Noteflight score. Noteflight also offers an “Unroll Repeats” feature in the Repeat menu so you can unroll and make any edits before creating a SoundCheck score.
- The Noteflight score used to create the SoundCheck score is now linked at the top of the Score Details panel.
- Comments and editable descriptions of SoundCheck scores are now available.
We are continuing to add and expand SoundCheck functionality over the course of the next few months so stay tuned for more!
Quoting Noteflight Learn with SoundCheck
SoundCheck can be added to any Noteflight Learn subscription for $3 per user, per year. Current customers can add SoundCheck right away for a prorated price based on your renewal date. Noteflight Learn is currently $2 per user, per year. With the addition of Content Libraries ($3 per user) and SoundCheck ($3 per user), teachers and students can now access music notation, Hal Leonard content, and performance assessment for a total of $8 per user, per year! You can quote or purchase right away and you may always contact us anytime with questions.
We will continue to update this blog as we work on implementing these and other exciting new features. Don’t forget to sign up for email updates and we look forward to rolling out these continuous improvements to support you!